If you can help us wrap our minds around your priorities, we can find the right technology to help you achieve our goals. Innovators in the industry are hard at work refining point of sale systems, customer relationship and employee management, work order, purchase order and inventory systems. Once we’re familiar with your business, we can make elegant technology recommendations. We’re software and hardware agnostic, so whichever platform we believe is superior will make it to the top of the list.
It used to be that one could be a blacksmith and one’s tools would mostly stay the same over decades. Mastery would increase, but the tools would stay the same. This is not the case with modern technology, which evolves at an exponential rate. For this reason, every new customer inspires our ongoing research. Reading, watching, listening, learning: it’s good for our minds — and good for your business.
Point of Sale Solutions
We can help you seamlessly track, monitor and manage IT assets within your retail ecosystem, offering:
- Web-based cloud solutions
- Locally installed options
- Multiple locations
- Tier 1 support
- No licensing fees
- Extensive reporting
- Industry specific
- Superior ease-of-use
- Sleek hardware
- Inventory management
- Employee management
- Quickbooks integration
Bend Garden RV Resort is a 21st century RV’ers dream come true, thanks to an infusion of technology and expertise provided by Webformix. Before Bend Garden RV Resort’s tech makeover, the resort struggled to provide even basic quality of experience to their guests. Wifi was broken in many areas of the park, and severely hamstrung by the use of residential equipment. Their phone system, or lack thereof, prevented staff from effectively addressing sales and hospitality questions during the busy summer months. They didn’t have an effective POS system, along with an inability to process credit card sales transactions in real time. The only internet available was a single T1 line and without proper network controls and quality of service (QoS), staff and guests frequently complained about extremely slow network and internet access.
Some consultants and IT firms might see this as an overwhelming challenge. The owners of the resort worried about the cost of a complete overhaul and interruption to business. Despite these concerns, Webformix stepped up to the plate and implemented a multi-step plan to address all of the above mentioned IT issues and more over the course of a year. This allowed the resort to get incremental advances that immediately resulted in service improvements for both the staff and guests. This plan also pleased the owners as well because it allowed them to budget for these IT improvements over the year, improving their cash flow at the same time.
Webformix successfully implemented the following technologies:
- Campus wide private LAN network comprised of both wired and wireless segments for staff access, despite the size of the campus and some difficult wireless shots through many trees and obstructions. A Cisco based firewall was also implemented to keep staff traffic fully segmented from guest traffic.
- Campus wide Meraki, mesh-based Wifi network for guest internet access. Includes sign in walled garden, bandwidth throttling, redundant/bonded internet access, and usage monitoring.
- Installation of 3 point of sale (POS) computers, along with back-end server allowing auditing of sales, remote backup, real-time credit card transactions, guest scheduling, etc.
- Installation of an IP based phone system using Astrisk and Trixbox, along with multiple digital handsets, and wireless headsets to allow staff to roam while still being able to take sales calls.
- Ordering and configuring an additional T1 line that provides dynamic data allocation as fewer voice lines are used to provide additional internet bandwidth. This took coordination between the owners, and two different ISP’s (one ISP for each T1 line).
Ultimately, Webformix helped Bend Garden RV Resort fully realize what a budget conscious, step by step IT plan can do to turn a network nightmare into a tech paradise. The owners, staff, and most importantly… the patrons of Bend Garden RV Resort now have the technology they need to work and play 365 days a year in sunny Central Oregon.